Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fingerprints

Well, I keep hoping to kind of back track to tell how this adoption came about, but there doesn't seem time as life keeps going.  So, I will say that it is a true miracle that we are adopting as it has been a lifelong desire of mine.  I am truly so thankful to God for putting this on our hearts and answering so many prayers.
I began to pray about adoption in September, fully feeling that God was telling me we HAD to do this.  I discussed it with Reese - who smiled and said, "No, never."  His smile said alot!  We both began to pray and talk and pray alot more, and by the end of October, he said "Yes, we have to do this."  From that point on he has done most of the work and has had a total peace about all parts of the process.  We started our Homestudy with Lifeline Adoption Agency out of Birmingham in November and have completed all parts of the process that we can at this time.

However, we are still waiting for my fingerprints to go through.  This is where we need lots of prayer!  They have been rejected 3x and we are waiting on a fourth.   I just spoke with the lady from the ABI in Montgomery who said that their system is down and has been down for over a week.  They assured us last week that it would be up by Tuesday of this week.  Today she was unsure of when it would be up.

Our social worker is hopeful that all we be completed by the end of the month - which would be amazing!  We are so excited and so ready to go get our little girl.  I know this is a faith journey and I know that God is in control.  I am praying Satan away, but can tell you that he is real and we have felt that for some time through our fingerprint situation and other things meant to discourage.

The good news is that my drive to Montgomery had to have been worth it because one set from that day has already been rejected and with their system down now, I probably still would not know that I had to do another set.  So I praise God for giving our social worker the urge to call and for giving me the urge to go quickly and for keeping us safe on that cold and rainy day in the car!

I praise Him for adding to our family through this special way and for adopting me into His family, too!

Thank you for praying.  Thank you for caring and thank you for being our friends!
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    I'll never forget the day I showed Reese Katie Lin's referral pic (2005) and he said, "Don't show that pic to my wife!"
    I know you have had adoption on your heart for many years... Very cool how God made Reese's heart also long for this as well.
    Praying for you guys as you wait on His perfect timing! And, it IS perfect!

    ReplyDelete