Monday, June 25, 2012

Praises

I finally spoke with the GI doctor last week.  After undergoing more bloodwork and a series of tests to determine some malabsorption issues, we are starting a B12 nose spray once a week as her levels were somewhat low - not alarmingly - he said :).
And, though she is not completely absorbing certain sugars, as long as we are all ok with the digestive issues, it is not causing her any harm!  Again, he was just amazed at how great everything looked.
The biggest thing is that there are fewer worries if she is growing and gaining weight.  She definitely looks bigger and healthier - but there's not a big difference in her height and weight ... yet!  So, we will pray for her to grow and to be a healthy little girl!
She amazes us everyday with her language and also with her absolute wonder.
Yesterday on the way into church she said, "Mommy, pretty."  I said "Thank you!"  She said "No...outside"  I said, "Yes it is a beautiful day.  She said, "Yes, beautiful day!"  Though I thought the compliment was for me - so much better that it was for Him!!

First picture is the day we met her...


1 comment:

  1. I just love all your updates. Still truly amazed at the journey that brought Lizzie to you! I absolutely loved watching her at VBS and seeing her so excited about it all. Sweet, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete