Thursday, January 12, 2012

Going to get our Lizzie!

The day has finally arrived.  Airline tickets are purchased, hotel reservations are made, Lizzie's foster family knows we are coming, George is working on our court date to get temporary custody, and in 11 days I will see her sweet face!
I am overwhelmed with the emotions of this long awaited day.  I am amazed at God's goodness and assured of His timing - which is always perfect!
We will leave next Friday, January 19 and will meet Lizzie on Monday, January 23.  We are so thankful, so humbled that God chose this path for us.
I have watched God change the hearts of those I love dearly to not only accept this plan, but be excited about it.  I have watched Him move mountains to get us to our precious daughter.
Lizzie will soon be an orphan no more!  Will will soon get to begin sharing with her the love of our Savior, our Lord, who adopted us into His family because of His great love and mercy!

To God be the glory great things He has done! Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the earth hear His voice, praise the Lord, praise the Lord let the people rejoice! Oh come to the Father through Jesus the Son and give Him the glory great things He has done!
Love you all!
Your prayers throughout this journey are precious gifts to us!!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't possibly be more excited for you all! It seems so surreal that you'll be with her in less than two weeks. Praying for you as you continue your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read the story about "getting" Lizzie. I know Ellie and John Reese are ecstatic! Good luck and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want you all to know I am praying for an easy transition as you bring sweet Lizzie into your loving family....can't wait to hear the story!!!!

    ReplyDelete