Thursday, March 31, 2011

Praising God

On Tuesday morning, I began calling the 800 number on our letter that sent us for biometric prints.  I really didn't know if this would get us anywhere, but the people were very nice and it WAS the number to call to find out if our prints were cleared.  Our prints were not entered that morning, but they told me to call back in the afternoon.  I waited - and prayed - until 3 and called.  A very nice lady - praise God - answered and said that she could tell that our information was being entered, but she could not tell if we were cleared or not.  She told me to call back at about 4:45 and she would probably know.  I told her that lots of people were praying for these prints to clear.  At 4:45, I got her on the phone and she said they were cleared.  I was screaming on the phone and saying "thank you."  She was laughing!
We were so thankful and went to Sonic for ice cream to celebrate - Ellie's idea :)
This has been a special week for us as we have watched our friends, the Evans, uniting with their daughter in China.  It has been our daily treat to see what is posted on their blog and delight in God's goodness!  It has given me strength and faith to patiently wait for our time to meet our daughter.
At the beginning of this journey, God told me that she was waiting.  I know that is true and now that we are at the end of our paperwork process, we are fervently praying that George, our Hungarian facilitator, will be led to Lizzie and will KNOW that she is the one for us!
I will share that throughout yesterday and this morning, I have had doubts creep into my head about those prints - we should receive a confirmation that we are cleared in the mail today or tomorrow.  God gave us all a peace about them being cleared, I heard it on the phone, yet I still want to see it in print?!  I keep giving this back to God and saying - "No, I believe you - I will not doubt."
To be very honest, this adoption process is a stretch for me.  Not so much thinking about the changes in our family. If you know me, you know that I CANNOT wait to have a little one on my hip, in a stroller, playing in our home - God is giving me the desires of my heart and I am so thankful!
The "stretch" is the lack of control.  I like to plan; I LOVE to mark things off my list - I like to know.
There are so many unknowns in adoption.  But... I am learning to trust more - little by little!  I am learning that, for us, adoption is about more than bringing our daughter home or having compassion for orphans and wanting to do more to help.  For us - specifically me - it is about truly trusting the Lord for each step of my life!
Thank you all so much for your prayers!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed learning about your family and the adoption story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I am so glad that everything worked out with your fingerprints. GOD IS GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete