Monday, March 28, 2011

Fingerprints...again and again!

We went to Birmingham today for our biometric fingerprint appointment.  I discovered that this was our "receipt" that our Home Study was received.  When our fingerprints are approved, our home study will be approved and we will be on our way to finding our little girl.  Of course, we have already been on that journey throughout, but we are getting closer.  I am still claiming that today could have been it - but Reese's fingerprints went right through.  Mine, however, were a different story!  "Poor minutia" were the exact words on the screen.  The sweet technician said, "You have had problems with these before?"  He also said he will probably see me again soon!
I was trying to have faith that all would go well and not ask "what if?"  But, after he said that, I had to ask. He said there is a chance that they could go through - PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS MIRACLE!  He also said he was pretty sure he would see me again!  He was very nice - but I am hoping... NOT!
We called our Social Worker, Jana, and she said that she would begin to e-mail and figure out our next steps if they were not approved.  We could know as soon as tomorrow.  We could have to go back to Birmingham - for my prints and then possibly to Atlanta!
I have NO idea what we would do in Atlanta.  I just don't have fingerprints!
But... I do have trust in our Lord!  I am so thankful that I know that I know that I know that He is leading us on this journey! Yes, it is frustrating!  Yes, it seems wrong that we have to go through all this when we are just trying to adopt -but I also know that God has not called me to try to change the system.
We had to go through this step today to get to the next one!  So, we will see what awaits us and trust in His timing!
John Reese was VERY frustrated for me - for us!  Ellie said, "John Reese, God may use you one day to help change this and make adoption easier for people!"
Reese and John Reese are figuring out how we are going to skype from Hungary on our new IPad!  I can't wait until we get to do that!
Thanks for your continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment